Safe Sewing is Happy Sewing!
What a crazy time we are in! We are doing everything we can to help you make it through! We have had a lot of customers sewing masks and having their machines break down in the process. That is the number 1 reason we are staying available 10-4 Monday to Saturday to help. The following are some of the things we are doing.
- Free sewing machine or vacuum Pick-up and delivery. Leave it on your porch and we will return it repaired and sanitized.
- Right now we are able to get your serviced machine back to you in less than a week.
- You have options. Drop off services at the store. We can come out to your car. You don’t have to come in or we can pick it up.
- Shop on our website. We are shipping every day. If you don’t find something you need on our website, email me (email@example.com) and I will add it for you. We are updating our site but everything takes time.
- Let us know what you are looking for and we will send you some pictures or even FaceTime Shop with you!
- If you are thinking about a new machine, now is a great time! All sewing machines and accessories are on sale for delivery or pick-up at the store.
- There has been lots of talk about HEPA filters in masks. No filters have been tested or approved for Covid 19 but I know they will work better than a coffee filter, interfacing or a flattened air conditioner filter. We have large, non woven HEPA vacuum bags that can be cut up into rectangles.
I’m sure you understand that all sewing classes will be rescheduled once the all clear is given.
Sewers are a very giving group! I can’t tell you how many of you are making masks for the hospitals and friends.
We hope that you are staying safe in these trying times. All the Stony Brook Staff is well. We are working with extremely limited staff and taking all precautions possible, so please be patient. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know.
The Happy and Helpful Stony Brook Staff